First layer of primer is put on the car, tomorrow sanding
3 weeks of hard work, sanding sanding
New produced fenders and test fitting the chair and seat position
First fenders made
Ready for the polyester guy
The first aluminium parts
There they are, the mould for the fenders
Making the body gaps straight and beatifull
De moulds are getting there, this is the rear right side
There she is, outside for the first time:
Started with the fender moulds:
Hotrod holes in the roof
Seat fitting... looking good
Doors on boths sides, dashboard and roof cleaned up.
Doors are almost finished.
It's a plane
All the parts conencted now figuring out what we are going to do with the doors, door or no door, small door, big door...suicide doors...
Made a metal frame which holds the bonnet sides in place and supports the headlamps.
Dashboard, head lamp, wheel and fenders and mockup exhaust.
We had to change the design because the chassis was to wide, I think we found a "cool" solution for that.
Also we change the body so it fits perfectly over the chassis.
Cut big sections out of the body and 'chanelled' it over the chassis.
Mould of the roof:
Test fitting the car on the new chassis
Rear valance mould mostly done and the shuttering started for the roof.
First front part made.
First body casted from the mould.
Moulds for the bonnet top and sides.
First bodie made from the mould.
This one will be customized for the 2cv.
2 mould are almost ready.
Disassembled the body and finished the bulkhead, floor and cowl (which were very rough).
Also improved the screen pillars a little for later.
So the plan was to mould the original, take a body from the mould and modify it for the standard chassis.
Well, the main body tub is 90% moulded and I am starting the cowl mould.
Been to England to discuss the progress with the designer of the Flyer, we are starting to get the project going again.
We are on the right way, slowly but steady.
The Flyer is on Donnington circuit on the weekend of 1 and 2 September 2012.